Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dinner Brought to you by pinterest




Oh, Pinterest, thank you for giving me the motivation to cook thanks to some amazing bloggers/cookers and your good pictures! I pretty much rely on my Pinterest Boards every night for dinner. I have loved trying out these new recipes and I am pretty sure my hubby is happy with it too:)
Here are a few things we cooked up this month:
First up, these Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce from Tracey's Culinary Adventures are AAaaamazing. . . amazing enough to make them twice in 2 weeks. They are so easy to make and my boys LOVED them too, double bonus. They remind me of Chik-fil-A and since we haven't lived by one of those for YEARS, they are a special treat! I HIGHLY recommend cooking these up tonight, you probably already have everything you need on hand.Another quick and easy dish are these Italian Seasoned, Lemon Shrimp. I have not been able to find the original source for this recipe. Every picture just has the instructions on it. So please let me know if you came up with this goodness! I HIGHLY recommend serving it with a side of french bread that you can soak up the left over butter in!!
For a simple and easy side (can you tell, I am ALL about quick recipes here. . . I have a small window of opportunity to cook around here with my little munchkins), this Quick Summer Fruit Salad by Real Mom Kitchen was also a hit! It is also just great to have in the fridge as a snack.
BBQ Chicken Salad is one of my favorite salads and this fun twist was delicious. Goddess of Scrumptious Recipes shared this BBQ Chicken Quiona Salad. Again, my 4 year old and 2 year old even loved this. It was also so good cold the next day! 
Ok, if you haven't tried these 7-up Biscuits that have been floating around Pinterest, you are missing out. These are from Plain Chicken and might be a new staple around here! Love buttery goodness.
Now on to desserts . . . I don't know if I can thank Pinterest for all these recipes. . . I have a problem where there HAS to be dessert in the house or I can't sleep (seriously). I have another problem and that is I can't stop eating them. Like these S'more Graham Krispie Treats from Wanna be a Country Cleaver. 
Funny story about Golden Grahams . . . a couple weeks ago, a little boy in front of us at church was eating Golden Graham's and shared some with my boys. My boys didn't want them and my husband thought I brought them so sneaked them in his mouth. When we got home he went straight to the cupboard and asked if the Golden Graham's were all gone, I told him we didn't have any and he realized he was eating somebody else's cereal at church . . . Aaaanyways, after feeling foolish for a bit he told me those are one of his favorite cereals . . . we have been married 9 years and I never bought them and felt terrible I didn't know that. So when I saw these babies, I had to make them and I used a whole big bag of marshmallows!! They lasted about 2 days before they were devoured!
 Ok, so if you don't know me Diet Coke and chocolate are two of my most favorite things in the world. Although this is made with regular Coke . . . it is still my new favorite cake . . . EVER! This Chocolate Cola Cake by May Flaum is out of this world amazing and is best served with a tall glass of cold milk. I also just realized that I can somehow find time to make a good cake but try to do the quickest thing possible for dinner. . . hmmm.
I have made this twice in the last month and if you want it to last longer than 2 days, I don't recommend eating it after breakfast, lunch and dinner. The second time I made it, I put chopped up pecans in the frosting. . . that way I was getting some protein, right?!?!
Thank you to you fabulous cookers and bakers out there who make dinner easy for me!! PLEASE be sure to visit and pin the original source of these recipes!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So funny! I always refer to my Pinterest 'food' board when planning out our weekly menu and grocery store list!! Total lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm hungry now! Those all look amazing! Even the shrimp one, only because I know my family would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...